About Your Role
We are bringing on a Residential Mortgage Underwriter to review and approve new opportunities for our residential portfolio.
We’re looking for an underwriter with experience working in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment. The position requires the ability to make consistent and objective risk assessments as part of a high-volume, deadline-driven team.
What you’ll work on:
- Adjudicating mortgage applications against internally defined criteria
- Negotiating loan terms to meet the needs of the borrower while following internal risk-tolerance guidelines
- Working with our broker partners to ensure accuracy and completeness of applications
- Ensuring compliance with privacy, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and anti-fraud policies
- Recommending applications for approval and issuing mortgage commitments
- Facilitating the handoff of committed files to the Fulfilment and Funding Team
- Working with the Fulfilment and Funding team to bring files to a close
- Collaborating with your teammates and the sales team to support the development of new products and services, while actively identifying improvements to existing offerings
- Collaborating with your team in supporting the continuous improvement and development of process, workflows, and procedures for the Underwriting department
Click on the link below to find the full job description.