About Your Role
We are bringing on a Manager, Residential Mortgage Underwriting to review and approve new opportunities for our residential portfolio.
We’re looking for an Underwriting Manager with experience working in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment. The position requires the ability to make consistent and objective risk assessments as part of a high-volume, deadline-driven team. The Manager will be expected to provide daily leadership, mentoring, training, and guidance to team members, while also managing team operations, productivity, and efficiency. The Underwriting Manager will additionally be expected to maintain and manage their own pipeline of underwritten deals, as well as the pipeline of their direct reports.
What you’ll work on:
- Lead, mentor, and coach all underwriting team staff to develop them according to their personal abilities and development plan, in order to achieve company-set objectives.
- Enable team members to achieve consistent and quality credit decisions while minimizing errors.
- Monitor daily operations of underwriting staff, review pipeline volumes, track backlogs and manage workflow.
- Deal management and providing solutions to our broker clients as well as managing escalations and contacting brokers when needed.
- Maintain an efficient and effective workflow by managing the productivity of the underwriting team, assigning priorities, reviewing quality standards, and ensuring quality standards are met – Create and maintain various reports which will assist with the management of the team’s daily workflow and individual staff performance. Use the data obtained from reporting to motivate, mentor, support and lead the team.
Please click on the link below for the full job description.